Friends of Happy Wen!

Friday, April 15, 2016

Thanks a "Melon"

The image of Sherri Baldy's img622 Watermelon Bestie digital stamp was just too cute not to turn into a Thanks a million Melon thank you card. I loved the image so much, I decided to make some paper to go with it.

I colored up the image with my copics, used my cuttlebug to cut my flowers and embellishments, added some bling from Bo Bunny, chalked the edges of my die cuts and overall had a really fun time with my card.
Copic Recipe for this card:
Skin-E0000, 000, 00, 11, 51, RV000, R0000, R21
Watermelons, underskirt, head scarf, butterfly- R21, 29, YG61, 63, 67
Dress/hat-E42, 43, 44 
Flowers/leaves/eyes-Y00, 17, 35, YR18, G82, 85, V12, 15
Shading/ground-W00, 1, 4, B0000

I am also very honored to have been invited to be the Guest DT member for the month of April over at My Besties Deutschland Challenge Blog. I invite you all to join in the fun challenges - stop by for a visit and see what the design team has come up with this month of April - the challenge is Anything Goes.

I hope you have enjoyed this post about my "Thanks a million Melon" thank you card. 
Have a GREAT week!


5 comments:

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Wendy,
deine Karte ist wunderschön gestaltet. Ein ganz tolles Motiv genial coloriert. Ich habe jetzt Lust auf Melone......Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

You have created a beautiful card. I love colours. Thank you for joining with us at My Bestie Spanish Blog challenge. Good luck with your entry. Maritza DT

Unknown said...

lovely thanks for joining us at besties uk - Carol UK DT xx

Dolphine said...

very nice card
Thank you for joining us at my Besties french blog

Unknown said...

Wow, haven't seen that Bestie before, lovely.
Thanks for showing her at my Besties Deutschland