Friends of Happy Wen!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Betwixed Brew

Now I must confess I am a BIG fan of Roberta Laliberte's art/Prairie Fairy Designs, and Gilly is one of my faves - this one being "Brewin' Spells"! It just wouldn't be Halloween if my kids and gkiddos didn't receive a card and a little somethin'-somethin' from me :) So... I made five of these. I'll show you the two different styles I did with the same image. The first one is a regular flat fold 6x6 card to go along with a bag of twix candy.
The second is a "Book" fold, to hold two twix bars to be mailed to my loved ones who do not have kiddos. The inside sentiment from me says "Betwixed Witches for a Happy Halloween". They will all get a kick out of this card and the accompanying treats :)
I used BasicGrey and Echo Park designer papers. Of course, colored with copics, adding Glossy Accents to glasses, frog eyes, and bubbles. Used my sissix dies for the matting, and sentiment/apothocary jars from a Free Digital Stamps link. I did change the wording on one of the bottles to read "love potion #9" in photoshop to make it more "family" friendly :) Again, a lot of layering and popping/3d on these cards
 
Betwixed Witches for a Happy Halloween to All!
Love, Wendy

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous halloween card Wendy, cute image.
luv
Debby

Kathlene said...

These are just soooo darling, my friend! I love the embossed circle treatment and those adorable apothecary bottles, and of course, Gilly. Truly eye candy loaded.

Judy said...

Hi Wendy,

I found you through The Outlawz, and am loving your adorable blog, and your amazing crafting. You sure are talented.

Hope to see you around,
Judy

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is super cute!!!! LOVE IT!!!